Staying connected: Steve Slater, Head of Resourcing
We know how vital our people are to the future of Flomatik. That’s why we want you to get to know them in a little more detail.
So, without further ado, we sat down with Steve Slater, our Head of Resourcing, to discuss his day-to-day responsibilities, what he gets up to outside of work and his hopes for the world of telecoms…
1. Sum up your job role and what you love best about your job
I manage Flomatik’s recruitment into the business – it’s all about finding the best people to match the role, but more importantly add to our culture.
2. If you had to describe Flomatik to a new recruit, what would you say?
It’s a growing business in an industry which is running at 100mph and expanding globally. If you want a career where you can be educated and developed, then climb onboard. But if you want a job sitting in the corner, then we’re not for you.
3. Are you a face-to-face meeting person or prefer virtual gatherings?
In this new world, adaptability is key – so either is fine.
4. What has been your Flomatik highlight so far?
The family fun days – it’s always great to see people out of their work ‘character’ because you get to see the ‘real’ person.
5. Who would be your dream client and why?
Virgin Galactic – if we gave them a discount, Sir Richard Branson may let me fly on the spaceship!
6. Complete this sentence. Connectivity to me means…
… bringing the world closer by allowing the most rural of places to see the bigger picture.
7. If you could invite three celebrities to your dinner party, who would they be and why?
Sir Richard Branson, Christian Horner, and Marie Curie (it’s fictitious so she’s allowed for dinner) – all for their determination, teamwork, discovery, belief and not giving up.
8. Where would you most like to visit in the world?
9. How do you wind down from a working week?
Walking around a golf course wishing that one day I may be on the fairway for a change!
10. What are your ambitions – both personal and as a company – for Flomatik?
To complete my helicopter licence, and for Flomatik to grow to a level where we’re giving advice and services to the client before they know they even need them.